Back-End Software Engineer
The ideal candidate will design and develop cutting-edge web solutions for different application areas and will work hands-on with back-end technologies in a creative and collaborative environment implementing innovative solutions for research, open-source and industrial projects.
- Work as a part of a development team with specific tasks assigned during each sprint.
- Work closely with the Architects to ensure that strategic objectives are met with the proposed architectural solutions for business/research needs.
- Design and develop highly scalable, usable, and distributed applications.
- Contribute in the development of new or the maintenance of existing systems.
- Participate in the design of new or changing systems.
- Maintain a high level of quality in testing and release of deployed code.
- Maintain a high level of rigor in source control.
- Maintain a high level of quality by effectively documenting work.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
- Enforce standards and best practices.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- Possesses significant knowledge of client-server and Internet systems architectures. Demonstrates experience in analyzing, designing and implementing the back-end components of web applications.
- Significant knowledge of PHP and Java EE (and relevant frameworks like Spring).
- Solid understanding of database management systems.
- Solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with the open source technologies.
- Experience using version control and defect tracking tools.
- Possess basic project management skills to track project work and manage/review work of team.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Assists in the facilitation of team and partner meetings and delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time.
Date of hiring: immediate, as soon as a successful candidate is found
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV with portfolio of developed systems and names of referees to: Ms. Chrisanthy Efstathiou (email@example.com).